Sunday, November 4, 2012

Love, but Never

Is a coming of age novel about a young girl dealing with disappointment and learning the difference between support and disappearing inside someone else. Through the novel she grows and tries to find balance between her past and not being afraid to fall in love.

I started writing it in 2007 while listening to 'Lying is the most fun a girl can have with out taking her clothes off' by Panic! At the Disco. At about 7400 words, it ended up in a forgotten file on my computer until February of this year. After rereading it, I realized I was forcing it to tell the story I thought I wanted to tell rather than the story that was starting to take shape.

After giving myself over to the story, it became more like Maroon 5's 'she will be loved'- not the video, the lyrics. I finished the bulk of the story by the end of April. Then I sat on it, afraid to share it with anyone but friends and family. Finally, last week, I decided to let go! If people don't like it, that's fine! Because I did something I set out to do- write a novel- finish something I started. It feels pretty amazing.

Of course, I hope people like it, but I know it's not for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment