Wednesday, November 21, 2012

The Weakness in Me Teaser

I'm doing some editing on Weakness in Me today and I wanted to post a snippet.  I hope you enjoy it!


“Oh, Sammy!  Thank GOD!”
            “Don’t call me that,” she said, flatly.
            “I’m sorry,” Jason said, letting go of the hand he’d been holding.  “Sorry,” he said again, with a sad smile.
            “I prefer Samantha now,” she explained, staring at the ceiling, still unable to move her head to see anyone that had now retreated deeper into her room and not wanting to look at Jason, “I can’t deal with you being here right now.  Please leave,” she choked out, the pain medication starting to take effect again.
            “At the heart of everything, we’ve always been friends.  I’d like to be there for you.”  His blue eyes softened as he looked down at her.
            “I’ve got plenty of friends and family, I don’t need you,” Samantha said.
            “Look, I don’t want to argue with you.  I know you are hurting right now so I won’t upset you any further--”
            “What the fuck do you know about what I’m feeling right now?  Have you ever experienced anything like this?” Samantha asked, venom spewing from her lips.  She saw the shock register on Jason’s face at her words.  “Let me answer that, no, you haven’t.  Have you ever loved anyone more than you love yourself?”

No comments:

Post a Comment