Tuesday, September 17, 2013

The Professor playlist

Like most authors, I have music that inspires me. In fact, the music video for "Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows" by Brand New gave me the idea for "The Weakness In Me." So it's not a surprise that I have a writing playlist on my iPhone for the Professor series.

Some of the songs I can point to specific scenes in the series that they inspired- i.e. Buttons for the striptease scene in The Widow, or Poison for the lectern scene in The Professor. Others...I don't know why they spoke to me, but they did.

I even have my obligatory Smashing Pumpkins song on this soundtrack, too. Anyone who knows me, knows that I'm a HUGE Smashing Pumpkins fan, so, of course, they inspire me...

The songs run the gamut from modern pop (Clarity- Zedd) to 90's punk (Infected- Bad Religion) and everything in between. I put the playlist up on my youtube channel. I hope you enjoy it, along with the release of The Wife. Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFVhNqJO2cjXHZirAOlskP1551G8b-lG4

No comments:

Post a Comment