Saturday, April 6, 2013

A little bit of me

I put a little bit of myself into every book I write, and I think most authors would say the same thing. For instance, even though the spelling isn't quite correct, Sammy's daughter Corigan is a dedication to my favorite band, the Smashing Pumpkins and my love for the musical genius that is Billy Corgan. Lucas in Drama Free 2003 has a cat named Shadow. I'm a total cat person, even though my husband is a dog person. Chloe in a work in progress that doesn't have a title yet, plays the flute, which I've played for 20 years now.

The hardest thing for me to write about was Marissa in Love, but Never. She and I both have Crohn's disease. I'll have been diagnosed for 10 years at the end of this year. I've been (mostly) in remission since 2005, thanks to biological immunosuppressant drugs like Remicade and Humira, but when I was first diagnosed, I had to take almost a year off of college and it threw my life into total upheaval. Although, it derailed Marissa's plans and caused issues in her day to day life, it didn't impact her nearly as much as it did me! After all of the other problems she had, I couldn't let her suffer as much as I did.

These last three days, I've been in the midst of a Crohn's flare that has nearly brought me to my knees! Worst I've had in years! So I'm so far behind on my goals for Drama Free 2003, but I'm at about the 50% mark, so I am hoping for a surge when I'm no longer incapacitated by pain...the story is starting to back up in my head and I need to start getting it out again.

I'll release another teaser one I get started again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment